Sunday, September 23, 2012

Hershey's Candy Bar Wrapper

Hello Everyone!

Candy!  Who doesn't love candy?  With Halloween just around the corner, candy will be everywhere.  It is a great treat to have around the house and enjoy once in a while (or everyday, lol) and a great treat to give to friends and colleagues.

A few years ago I got interested in creating candy wrappers after I gave them out as wedding favors at our wedding.  I originally ordered them from a lady around my neighborhood.  After looking at them, I realized they were easy to create and set out on a task to make my own.  I originally created the template using PowerPoint.  It was not an easy task but I was successful in creating a template.  Over the years, I continued to search for an easier way to do this and I think I finally found it.

Adobe Fireworks CS5.  Yes, yes, I know Fireworks is not an easy program to use (nor cheap - cost wise), but after playing with it for a while I found an easy way to setup templates and add images and create a candy wrapper.

Below, I have included some of the templates that I have created.  Feel free to download and print.  Make sure that when printing you select Scale and set it to 100%.

Materials Needed:
Hershey's Candy Bar (Normal Size)
Candy Wrapper Template
Foil Paper
Glue



Putting together your Candy Bar:

Print out and cut the candy wrapper template.  Cut out a piece of aluminum foil paper big enough to wrap the entire candy (do not open the candy bar).



Fold down the edges of the candy bar, then wrap the piece of aluminum foil paper over the original candy bar wrapper (just like if you were wrapping a gift).  You may have to cut the aluminum foil paper with scissors to be the right size.  Fold the aluminum foil paper into place.  No glue or tape needed, the aluminum foil paper will stay in place.





Take the candy bar wrapper template and wrap it around the aluminum foil wrapped candy.  The candy bar wrapper template should overlap slightly at one end.



Add a thin line of glue to the overlapping side of the wrapper, making sure that you don't get any glue on the aluminum foil paper.  Apply pressure to glue the wrapper around the candy bar.  Let dry.



Front of the candy bar

Back of the candy bar
Your candy bar is ready to give away!  You can pass out the candy bars just like that or you can put them in a candy bag, basket or put it inside a nice halloween decoration (the pumpkin is a votive candle holder purchased at the craft store for $1.00).




Here are some of the templates that I have created.  Click on the link to open the window, download the file and then select print.  Make sure that when printing you Scale it to 100%.
Back to School Template 1
Back to School Template 2
Back to School Template 3
Happy Halloween Template 1
Happy Halloween Template 2
Happy Halloween Template 3


Images from:
backgrounds.picaboo.com
Free Disney Clipart
http://www.mrkolber.org

No comments:

Post a Comment